Friday, September 27, 2013

My Mom and Clint Eastwood



ISTP
Introvert(100%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(12%)  Perceiving(22)%
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)
·       

  Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
by Marina Margaret Heiss
·         Profile: ISTP
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 26 Feb 2005
·        

·         “Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :-)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity.” 
-I don’t think I’m artistic but I do prefer art over mechanics, so I disagree with the former part of that statement. I do agree with ISTPs not presenting an impression of constant activity. That is definitely me.
·       
  “On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.” 
-YES. This is insanely true. I have these outbursts and my family doesn’t understand what’s going on but I will always get a ton of stuff done in these situations.  
·          
“ISTPs are equally difficult to understand in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others.” 
-This is very true; more often than not, I just need space, but the way in which I try to let people know that I want space usually results in them getting upset with me.
·       
  “These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.” 
-THIS IS SO TRUE. I don’t know how many times people have told me, “This isn’t the time for your sarcasm.” 

Overall, I think this thing was pretty accurate. I share a personality similar to that of Tom Cruise and Clint Eastwood.

P.S. I also had my dad take this, and he also got the ISTP result! His percentages were different than mine, and he was a lot less introverted than me, but I found it interesting we were the same.  




 Affirmation Solicitation 
Affirmer's Name: Veronica Messmer
Relation to Student: Mother

Please choose three to five words that best describe the character qualities of this student: 
1. Adventurous
2. Funny
3. Smart
4. Brave
5. Tolerant

In your own words, please describe below what you believe this student has going for him/her, especially as it relates to his/her character and personal qualities. Please be as specific as possible. 

Amy accepts people for who they are without judging them. She is fun to be around, has a sense of humor and can make others laugh or laugh at herself. Amy will achieve whatever she puts her mind to. She is a fast learner and is a bright and intelligent person. 












5 comments:

  1. Amy, wow the last point is so you "it's not even funny". You are truly a master of the one-liner, and the sarcasm at 'inappropriate' times, which is something I absolutely love about you. Not only was the last point accurate, I feel like I know you well enough that I recognize that all of these things are so characteristic of you. I love your crazy outbursts.

    There is never a dull day being friends with you. I look forward to the many adventures we have in the future. (especially bumbershoot 2014 with rainyhipster).

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMY! You're my "companion" haha the companion of ISFP is ISTP <3 lol
    "saving their time" until something better comes lol That is SO you haha, and the humor thing. LOL yup. Dang!

    I had my mom take it too haha, She is the same except for she is an Extrovert I guess lol

    I think this fits you my friend. You, clint eastwood, britney spears and I need to have a party I guess. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. It is so true how much of an introvert you are. We always discuss how much we dislike other people and we can just handle each other and a few others. You are quite different from me. Almost an exact opposite, probably why we get along quite well. Even though you are more of an introvert, everybody finds you sooo entertaining!

    Also, my favorite part of this, that fits you and I so well is this, “On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it." It is perfect on how much we procrastinate. We have a project, yet we lie dormant, not doing anything until the night before it is due. Then we launch ourselves into it.

    Quite perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting!! I appreciate your follow up commentary too to clarify what's accurate and what isn't. It's helpful to have a better understanding of how my students operate! :)
    10/10

    ReplyDelete